What is Teeth Whitening?
Safe and supervised teeth bleaching to achieve a whiter look.
Teeth Whitening Procedure:
Teeth whitening can also be performed as a single treatment at the dental office.
Home Treatment Process:
- Dentist creates impressions of your teeth and exact models are created.
- Custom-fitted bleaching tracks are made in a dental laboratory.
- Dentist provides instructions for use and patients take home the bleaching trays and apply a bleaching gel inside the trays which are then inserted onto the patient’s teeth for a period of time.
- This process is repeated for 10-14 days until desired level of whiteness is achieved.
- Relatively inexpensive
- Longer lasting
- Good results
- Works on teeth of any age
- Teeth whitening works, but works better on younger patients.
- Teeth whitening does not always achieve the same result as white porcelain veneers.
- The teeth colour tends to drop down with time requiring touch up treatments at times.
- Teeth whitening may cause tooth sensitivity in some people.